Fashion Wig FAQ's
What is Heat Resistant Synthetic fibre?
All our fashion wigs are made with a very high quality heat resistant synthetic fibre which is the latest trend in synthetic wigs. It is lighter and cooler to wear than human hair wigs. The great benefit is the hair can be curled or straightened using heating tools up to 180 degrees.
What size are the wigs?
Fortunately almost 19 out of 20 women can wear average head size wigs.
That means your head size when measured is between 21" and 22½ you can wear average size wigs, which is most of the market anyway. Measure your head with a tape measure going around the forehead at the hairline, under the hair, behind the ears and around the nape of the neck.
If this is too difficult to do by yourself, have someone help you. All our fashion wigs come with adjustable straps in the hair cap.
Our Fashion Wigs range are very easy to care for and we recommend the following procedures to keep your wig looking its best.
How do I wash my wig?
1. Fill your sink basin with cool water.
2. Add a capful of synthetic wig shampoo and blend in. Never use regular shampoo on synthetic wigs. If the wig has picked up the odour of smoke or other strong odours, you may add a teaspoon of baking soda to your basin, and blend in. Or you can use a wig refresher spray between washes, which is particularly effective on smoke and cooking odours.
3. Gently swish the wig in the water for about 30 seconds to a minute until saturated. Gently scrub the front of the wig cap, where it meets the forehead until clean.
4. Leave the wig to soak in the basin for about 15 minutes.
5. Empty the basin of water and rinse the wig in cool water. It is very important to use cool water on curly wigs, as warm water will over-relax the curls.
6. Gently squeeze out excess water. Do not rub or twist.
7. Repeat with conditioner in cool water - leaving to soak for a few minutes. Then rinse well with cool water and gently squeeze out water.
8. Spread the wig out on a towel or hang on a wig stand and leave in a ventilated area to dry overnight. You should spray on a little leave-in wig conditioner, when you start the drying process. This will make the synthetic hair soft and natural looking.
9. When the wig is entirely dry, and not before, re-style the wig gently. We recommend using a wire wig brush. Shaking and fluffing by hand is your best starting point for styling.
10. We recommend storing the wig on a wig stand to maintain the wigs shape when not in use.
How often should my synthetic wig be washed and styled?
• Wash your wig as little as possible. Think of it like a fine cashmere sweater.
• Picking up odours and “hat” stains on the cap at the forehead, are reasons to consider giving it a bath.
• Depending on the wig’s environment, this will vary from every 12-25 wearings.
• Use your eyes and nose to determine this. But as you can see, you wash your wig rarely.
• If you wear a wig every day, it’s a good idea to have a back-up wig, so you won’t be “down” for washings.
It is normal to have hair shed from the wig. The wigs are made thicker than normal hair to compensate for this.
Can I use a blow drier, hair straightener or curling iron on my wig?
Yes you can use heating tools up to 180 degrees on your heat resistant fibre.
Wig hairspray is recommended as it will hold the style firmly yet gently and will not build up. It also contains a sunscreen to protect the wig colour fading in the sun.
Can I dye my wig?
No, you can’t dye or colour your synthetic wig. Only human hair wigs can be dyed - although results cannot be guaranteed.
Can I cut my wig?
Yes, we recommend having your wig trimmed and styled by a hairdresser to suit your face shape. Think of your wig as a template and with a little customising it will look sensational.
To extend the life of your wig and keep it looking beautiful, ensure you use proper wig care products. Treat it like you would your real hair.